Friday, February 13, 2009

Mac Software on Sale

The Apple Store currently has Photoshop Elements and Quickbooks for Mac on sale.
Neither get great reviews, but at the sale prices to me they both seemed worth purchasing.  

I had been watching for a sale on PSE as I tried the Windows version for 30 days free and liked it.  It does more than the free programs I found and while I couldn't justify spending $90 for it, it seems well worth the $60.

As to Quickbooks, I've been a Windows Quicken user for several years but found that it didn't give me the kind of bookkeeping (I think) I need.  I was trying the free version of Quickbooks but wasn't thrilled that I couldn't download from my bank and that I had to use it via Parallels. At the sale price, it seemed worth the money in order to get those conveniences.  

I tend to be a real cheapy about paying for software, but at least with these programs I can write them off as business expenses.  
  • Here's a link to download a free copy of QuickBooks Accounting 2009:  The Official Guide for Mac Users.   The code is n825ScT.

No comments:

Post a Comment